The Southwest Area Multicounty Multitype Interlibrary Exchange, more often referred to as SAMMIE, is one of seven multitype library systems in Minnesota established by state law to promote cooperation between all types of libraries.
Your SAMMIE Library System
- began services in 1979.
- serves an 18-county service area in southwestern MN.
- has the good fortune to work closely with two Regional Public Library Systems: the Plum Creek Library System headquartered in Worthington and the Pioneerland Library System headquartered in Willmar.
- has governance provided by an exceptional nine member Governing Board.
- has service development and future direction is provided by the SAMMIE Member Council, a highly dedicated thoughtful bunch of library devotees.
- has developed teen services growth and project development is provided by the Teen Co-op Steering Committee.
- is always interested in serving new members.
- North Star Library Consortium (School Automation)
- ELM Portal (Electronic Library of Minnesota)
- WebJunction MN
- EBooks Minnesota
- Teen Resources
- School Library Resources
- SAMMIE Teen Programming Kit Evaluation Form
- Statewide Continuing Education Calendar
- Solo Librarian Resources (Multitype Library Systems)
- Technology and Information Educational Services (TIES)
- American Society for Information Science – Minnesota Chapter
- Information and Technology Educators of Minnesota (ITEM)
- Minnesota.gov – Libraries & Museums
- Minnesota Department of Education
- Minnesota Library Association
- MnLINK Gateway
- Special Libraries Association (SLA) – Minnesota Chapter
- State Library Services – Minnesota Department of Education